Fall is in the air, and so are fireworks and the smell of funnel cakes at the Dixie Classic Fair. Get your fill of rides, exhibits, animals and fair food September 30 – October 9, 2016. The Dixie Classic Fair in Winston-Salem, NC is the second largest agricultural fair in the state. Ferris wheels, fun rides and furry friends abound! Enjoy live entertainment, fried foods on a stick (are you up for trying fried butter or a Krispy Kreme burger?), blue ribbon entrees, tractor pulls, fun rides and more all at the Dixie Classic Fair. What do you enjoy most about the fair? Post in the comments below!
Dixie Class Fair Tickets & Info
- Adults 12 & up $10 ($8 advance), Kids 6-11 $5 ($3 advance), Kids 5 & under 5 & seniors over 65 (with ID) FREE.
- Purchase tickets in advance (through October 1, 11:59pm): $8 adults and $3 for kids.
- Thursday, October 8, is Military Day. FREE entry for all active and veteran members of the military and their immediate family with proper military ID.
- Advance tickets available at Ticketmaster.com, the Fairgrounds Annex Box Office and at local Walmarts until midnight September 29.
Ride tickets are 50 cents each during the Fair if purchased individually, or purchase bulk tickets at a discount. For advance tickets, unlimited ride wristbands and ride cards at a discount, click here for details and visit the Dixie Classic Fair Facebook page for the latest info.
- Sunday-Friday 11am-11pm
- Saturdays 9am-11pm
- Senior adult day, Tuesday, October 4th starting at 9am
- Wake Forest Controlled Lots – $8
- Senior Services lot
Schedule of Events
History of the Dixie Classic Fair
The fair began in Winston’s twin city, Salem (now Old Salem) in 1882 as a grain exposition. The Piedmont Tobacco Fair began in Winston in 1897. The two events soon joined and became the Winston-Salem Fair. The fair moved to its current location at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum entertainment complex grounds in 1952, and was then renamed the Dixie Classic Fair for Northwest North Carolina (we shorten it today). One of the largest fairs in North America, in 2007, the Dixie Classic fair had a record attendance of 371,000 and achieved its second highest attendance record in 2011, with 357,416 visitors. References: www.dcfair.com, www.cityprofile.com/north-carolina/dixie-classic-fair.html, Winston-Salem Journal
Our site's mission is to help consumers make more informed purchase decisions. This post may contain affiliate links (marked with 'Affiliate\ when you hover over them) and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through these links. Our website accepts financial compensation to allow us to provide this free service to you, our reader, while eliminating the need to clutter pages with advertisements. Compensation does not influence the rankings of products. More info on our disclosure page.