Top Outdoor Pick: Summer on Trade with Big Ron Hunter
Top Music Pick: Willie Nelson & Big Daddy Love
- Saturday, June 16, 7 pm
- Jemeokee Music Park in Pinnacle, NC
- Big Daddy Love opens for Willie Nelson for a great night of music under the stars.
- SHUTTLE FROM WS: Get a shuttle pass from Foothills Brewery for $40 that includes your ride to and from the concert and a one-hour private reception prior to the show, featuring complimentary Foothills Brewing products, snacks and water. Shuttle departs at 5 pm.
So you’re moving to Winston-Salem? Let MyWinston-Salem.com be the first to put out the welcome mat. Welcome to Winston-Salem! Here is a moving checklist of useful resources to help you get settled in. Let us know about your experience with any of these companies and services, and any others you would recommend, in the comments below to help out your future fellow Winston-Salemites…
Top Family Pick: Winston-Salem Dash Baseball Game with Fireworks
- Winston-Salem Dash vs. Wilmington Blue Rock Baseball Game
- Friday, June 8, 2012, 7 pm
- BB&T Ballpark – 951 Ballpark Way, Downtown WS
- Tickets at the gate: $5-20
- Post-Game Fireworks!
Celebrate a weekend of North Carolina Wine with Salute and Wine Dinners Galore!
An Evening of Southern Food with Chef John Currence m
Friday, June 1, 2012, 5 – 7:30 pm
Breakfast of Course – 723 N. Trade St., Winston-Salem
$50 per person
In conjunction with the Salute! Wine Festival, guests will enjoy an evening of Southern foods and wine tastings from NC wineries with Top Chef contestant & James Beard Award-winner John Currence along with Mary Haglund of Breakfast of Course and the chef from District Bar & Grille.
Doc Watson Dies at age 89 American folk music legend Arthel Lane “Doc” Watson died Tuesday, May 29, 2012, at age 89 at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC, after a fall at his home in Blowing Rock, NC following colon surgery. Doc is mourned in the music community across the nation and …
“Boogity boogity boogity, let’s go racing, boys!” is part of the Southern lexicon. The souped-up cars of NASCAR have Southern roots that go back to moonshine-running during prohibition days. It is every little boy’s (and many adults’) dream to take one of these cars for a spin on the track, making the Richard Petty Driving …
Top Festival Pick: North Carolina Annual Wine Festival
- Saturday, May 26th, 2012, 12 – 6:30 pm
- Tanglewood Park
- Tickets available at www.NCWineFestival.com and Harris Teeter. $20 in advance; $30 day of. Free parking. Kids 12 and under admitted free.
- Over 30 North Carolina wineries and exhibitors represented. Featuring live music by The Band of Oz, Part Time Party Time Band and The Plaids.
Transformation Nation is a nationwide 16-week weight loss program sparked by the Dr. Oz Show that began on January 28, 2012. The local program, dubbed “Transformation Nation Triad,” (TNT), was part of a national collaboration between the Dr. Oz show and Weight Watchers, along with local partners including 19 Triad area YMCA’s, Novant Health and WXII News 12. …
The MyWinston-Salem.com Weekend Roundup has been created to offer you the best activities for the coming weekend…
Spring for Art Gala: