To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Below is a listing of our open positions. Are you interested, or do you know someone that might be? Encourage them to apply. You must be local to Winston-Salem or willing to travel to Winston-Salem regularly to be considered.
Position: Writer & Editor
- Looking for:
- Someone that loves our city and is eager to explore it, learn more, eat at new restaurants, write articles based on your experiences, take photos, conduct interviews, etc.
- Has experience in WordPress, ideally in the Gutenberg (newest version) editor. If you work in the classic editor, that’s fine, we can teach you Gutenberg.
- Is comfortable working remotely (we are a distributed team, and all telecommute 100% of the time). There will be occasional in-person meetings to touch base, training, etc.
- Pay: $20/hour to start plus performance bonuses.
- Time: Part-time, a minimum of 10 hours per week up to 29 hours per week.
- Availability: We are looking for someone that is available for at least a year, possibly longer. In other words, you love Winston-Salem and, for the time being, are planning on staying here (we don’t want to have to re-hire for this position in a month or two).
How To Apply
Send us the required items below via our contact form. The contact form does not accept documents, so please submit your documents in a URL format (i.e., a link to a resume on Dropbox or a photo on Instagram, etc.).
- Several original paragraphs on why you are eager for this position and what you love most about our city. Please include how long you’ve lived in Winston-Salem.
- Your resume/CV or a link to your current LinkedIn profile.
- At least 3 samples of your long-form writing; this can be published works, blog posts, etc.
- At least 3 samples of your photography (does not have to be professional, but we are looking for people that, at a minimum, know how to use a smartphone camera well).
Thank you for applying! If you are considered for the second phase of this interview, we will contact you.Tagged With: