This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
MyWinston-Salem.com's Weekend Roundup – May 11-13, 2012
Here is our roundup of some of the great events happening round Winston-Salem, NC this weekend, May 11-13, 2012. For more details, visit the website listed under each activity. And please share your stories and ideas for future events on our website at www.MyWinston-Salem.com/Contact.
How 2 Night with Yay! Bakery and Art Exhibit
- Friday, May 11, 6-7pm
- Piedmont Craftsmen
- Trade Street, Winston-Salem
- Free and open to the public. Stay after to see their latest exhibit, "Things with Wings"
Piedmont 300 Truck & Tractor Pull
- Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12, 7pm; gates open at 5pm each day
- LJVM Coliseum, University Boulevard
Bethabara Highland Games
- Saturday, May 12, 10:30am – 4:30pm
- Celebrate the Celtic spirit and contribution to Historic Bethabara with music, games and more.
- Free admission
- Historic Bethabara Park (2147 Bethabara Rd)
Concert for a Cause: Gynecological Cancer Fund
- Saturday, May 12, 5pm-1:30am
- Only $7 for a great cause and 9 bands, including Joe Blevins, Lollipop Princess Party, SubQ, Harlot's Web, Play Dirty, Slawterhaus 5, Jamie Carroll, Porch Dog Revival, Karon Click & the Hot Licks
- Old Winston Social Club
- Saturday, May 12, 10-11:30pm
- Tom Simmons, winner of the 2009 San Francisco Comedy Festival. Hosted by J.J. Johnson, featuring Alex Stone with special guest Biggie from ROCK 92's 2 Guys Names Chris
- Community Arts Cafe
Piedmont Swing Dance Society*
- Saturday, May 12, 7:30-11:30pm
- * No partner necessary. One hour beginner lesson included with admission. $8 for members and students 21 & under; $10 for non-members
- The Vintage Theatre, 7 Vintage Avenue (Washington Park)
Solar Print Workshop
- Sunday, May 13, 2-4pm
- Elementary school-aged children accompanied by an adult will take a stroll through the springtime Reynolda landscape, gather objects from nature and make prints using just sun and water. Materials provided. Reservations required.
- Reynolda House
Sunday Arts On Trade: Blues-a-palooza
- Sunday, May 13, 1-5pm
- Music: Big Ron Hunter
- Arts District, Trade St., Winston-Salem
Is Your Event Missing? Let Us Know!
If you want your event to be included in our weekly Weekend Roundup Newsletter that goes out to readers via email every Thursday, send us details on your event at www.MyWinston-Salem.com/Contact.
Like Us on Facebook
And don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook to stay in touch throughout the week.
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.