This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
Old Salem may be historic, but it’s for the young and young at heart as well. As she looked at the next generation of Old Salem supporters, Frances Beasley, Director of Development at Old Salem, created the New Benefactors of Old Salem in 2009. The New Benefactors is “a group made up of young professionals who are committed to strengthening support for Old Salem through social, historical, educational and family-oriented events,” she explained. “We are constantly creating new and fresh ways for young people to experience Old Salem – truly, there is something for everyone!”
A Fresh Take on Old Salem
These young professionals bring a fresh perspective, energy and ideas to Old Salem programs and events that foster a more interactive educational and cultural Old Salem experience, which increases public awareness, visitation, and Friends of Old Salem. The New Benefactors also increases a much needed financial support for the Museum, which receives less than one percent of its funding from local, state and federal sources – combined. The remaining 99% comes from ticket sales and private donations.
New Benefactors (Pictured L-R: Jesse Keever, Vice Chairman; Krissy Cooley, Executive Committee; Hayes Wauford, Chairman; Amy Wauford, Executive Committee; Lynn Dwiggins, Executive Committee; Alexander “Z” Stubbs, Past Chairman & Executive Committee; Meredith Stubbs, Executive Committee. Photo courtesy of Old Salem)
New Benefactor Benefits
Benefits of membership with the New Benefactors (NBOS) include:
– A 10% discount at Old Salem retail stores
– General admission to the Museum
– Tote bag & magnet
– Invitations to NBOS members-only social events
– Discounts on NBOS Members and Friends events
– Unique experiences and events at Old Salem with networking opportunities with members, the Board of Trustees, curators and historians
Becoming a New Benefactor
Memberships are $40 per individual and $70 per couple. For more information, contact Frances Beasley at (336) 721-7331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Benefactors Gathering at the Tavern at Old Salem (formerly Salem Tavern), Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 5:30PM
- New Benefactors Fun Run with Fleet Feet at Old Salem, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 6:00pm
- Guns & Gardens (NBOS members only), Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at the Tavern at Old Salem.
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.