This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
For the fourth year in a row, the famous Winston-Salem Scavenger Hunt will be taking place this year on Saturday, April 2, 2011, from 1-5pm, rain or shine. The Winston-Salem Scavenger Hunt lets friends team up and scavenge the city for clues, speeding from checkpoint to checkpoint, solving puzzles and learning about the culture and history our beautiful city has to offer while enjoying some of the local delicacies and treats.
Winston-Salem Scavenger Hunt Video
Check out the video below from 2009 (the 2010 video is available on the Scene in Winston-Salem site), featuring local television news coverage, to get a preview of the fun you’ll have scavenging around Winston!
Sign up for the Scavenger Hunt!
The race is limited to 100 teams of two, and the first to sign-up get the spots. Sign up now by visiting the 2011 Winston-Salem Scavenger Hunt Sign-Up Page (note – if you already have a SignMeUp.com account, login first, then click on the link – that way you won’t have to refill in all your information, and you won’t be prompted to create a new account when you’re done).
Wondering about Scavenger Hunt details? Here’s some important Scavenger Hunt race facts:
- Registration: 11:30-12:45
- Race Meeting: 12:45-12:55
- Packet Handout: 12:55
- Race Begins: 1:00
- Finish Line Party: 5:00
- Award Ceremony: 5:15-5:30
- Hanging out and having fun at Old Social Club: 5:30 – ?
Scavenger Hunt Details
- The race starts and ends at The Old Winston Social Club on 1131 Burke St, 27101.
- The cost of entry is $20/ person ($25 the day of the event)
- An awards ceremony follows the hunt where prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Additional prizes are given for best costume/t-shirt design and for best team name. Random prizes are also given so there are a LOT of winners at this event.
- We participated in the race the last three years (got second place last year) and won restaurant coupons, gift certificates, T-shirts, and more. There’s tons of prizes, so it’s not to difficult to win something. We’d race again this year, but wanted to give back so we’re on the committee and helping organize the actual race.
- Plus – at the end of the race there will be complimentary drinks and food, where you’ll get to hang out, play shuffle board, darts, even Wii, and chill with your friends and fellow hunters.
Visit the Scene in Winston-Salem website for more details.
Come on out and join the fun!!
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.