Top Family Pick:
Winston-Salem Dash vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Thursday, August 2, 2012, 7PM
- BB&T Ballpark
- 951 Ballpark Way Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Top Art Pick:
DADA's First Friday Gallery Hop
- Friday, August 3, 2012, 7-10PM
- Downtown Arts District
- 6th & Trade St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
The Downtown Arts District (DADA) First Friday Gallery Hop features artist receptions in most galleries, artist demonstrations, live music, dancing and kids craft area. This Gallery Hop will also host the Winston-Salem Journal's Slice of Summer Tomato Tasting. Area restaurants will also be serving samples of their best tomato-based dishes (while supplies last).
Top Cinema Pick:
"Beasts of the Southern Wild"
- Opens Friday, August 3, 2012
- a/perture cinema
- 311 W. Fourth St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
- Tickets: $8.50/7
Beasts of the Southern Wild is the curator's pick for the Best Movie of the Year.
Top Theater Pick:
Stained Glass Playhouse Production of "Annie Get Your Gun"
- Friday & Saturday, August 3 & 4 at 8PM
- Stained Glass Playhouse
- 4401 Indiana Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
- Tickets $15/$10
This production of Irving Berlin's musical comedy presents the story of sharpshooting Annie Oakley who was discovered by Colonel Buffalo Bill Cody and then joined his Wild West Show. Runs through August 4.
Top Music Pick:L Shape Lot
- Friday, August 3, 2012, 9:30PM
- The Garage
- 110 W. 7th St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Cinema Under the Stars:
"Heroes & Legends"
"The Adventures of Robin Hood" starring Errol Flynn and Olivea de Havilland will be shown on the lawn at Reynolda House at 9pm. Gates will open at 7:30 p.m., at 8 p.m. there will be a pre-screening lecture by WFU professor David Lubin entitled, "Buried Treasure: Howard Pyle and the Silver Screen" in the auditorium. Picnics are encouraged. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Fiddle & Bow presents:
Pierce & Grace Pettis
- Friday, August 3, 2012, 8-10:30PM
- Community Arts Cafe
- 411 W. Fourth St.
- Winston-Salem, NC 27101
- Cover: $20/$18
Summer on Trade presents:
West End Mambo
- Saturday, August 4, 2012, 7-10PM
- Downtown Arts District
- Trade St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
The Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership presents West End Mambo on Trade Street in the Downtown Arts District. Lawn chairs are welcome.
- Opening Reception: Thursday, August 2, 2012, runs through September 30
- Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts
- 251 N. Spruce St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101
This exhibit showcases North Carolina artists under 40 years old.
Invite Your Friends to Subscribe to Our
Weekend Roundup Newsletter
Invite your friends to subscribe to your weekly Weekend Roundup so they too will know the top things to do each weekend!
Have an event? Send us details at
And don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook to stay in touch throughout the week.