Weekend Roundup: February 21-24, 2013.
Top Theatre Pick:
- Thursday, February 2at 7:30PM
- Friday-Saturday, February 22-23 at 8PM
- Saturday & Sunday, February 23-24 at 2PM
- Hanesbrands Theatre
- 209 N. Spruce St.
- Tickets: $8.50-$53
Festival Stage presents 33 Variations. In this psychological thriller, Dr. Katherine Brandt strives to discover the truth behind the creation of Beethoven's Variations before a life-threatening illness overtakes her. The performance lasts 2 hours and 15 minutes, including intermission. Suitable for ages 13 to adult. Parental discretion is advised. No children under 5 years old admitted.
Top Garden Pick:
Triad Home & Garden Show
- Friday, February 22 2-8PM
- Saturday, February 23 10AM-6PM
- Sunday, February 24 12-5PM
- LJVM Coliseum Complex, Education Building
- Tickets: $8; 1 child free per paying adult
The "original" and longest-running home and garden show in the Triad will feature local custom home builders and service providers as well as national representatives of home and garden product lines. Free parking is available at Gate 5 off Deacon Blvd.
Top Cultural Pick:
- Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Old Salem
- Tickets: $21 adults; $10 kids
Heritage Festival – Our Shared History: African American and Native American Roots and Connections will be celebrated throughout Historic Old Salem with a wide array of events including African and Native American dance, music, crafts, demonstrations, readings by authors, games and displays. Click here for the full listing of activities.
Top Girl Power Pick:
Winston-Salem Women Connect
This event connects local women entrepreneurs and vendors and builds awareness for their businesses in the community. The event is free to the public with chances to win lots of prizes.
Top Inspiration Pick:
- Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Wait Chapel, Wake Forest University
- Admission: $10; Free with WFU ID if registered
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, this locally organized event will feature a mix of TEDTalk videos and live speakers to spark deep thought and discussions within a small group.
Top Legend Pick:
- February 22-23, 2013
- Friday 7PM-2AM
- Saturday 7PM-2AM
- The Garage
- 110 W. 7th St.
- Tickets: $10/adv.; $12/door
This annual event celebrates the birthday and the music of the legendary "Man in Black." Each night features seven different bands, including John Howie & the Rosewood Bluff, The Bo Stevens, Andy Vaughn & the Driveline, Hearts & Daggers, Rev. D. Ray & the Shockers, Sean Preston, and more.
Top Hollywood Event:
a/perture Red Carpet Party
Celebrate Hollywood's biggest night at a/perture cinema and watch the Academy Awards live on the big screen. The $25 admission includes dessert, drinks, a chance to win prizes as well as later admission to Star Power: Edward Steichen's Glamour Photography the new exhibit at Reynolda House.
Big Winter Bash
- Saturday, February 24, 2013
- The Millennium Center
- 101 W. 5th St.
- Tickets: $10/adv; $15/door
The 5th Annual Big Winter Bash, produced by the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership, will feature a concert by Party on the Moon Band. Cash bar available. No food will be served.
Invite Your Friends to Subscribe to Our Weekend Roundup Newsletter
- Invite your friends to subscribe to your weekly Weekend Roundup so they too will know the top things to do each weekend!
- Have an event? Send us details at www.MyWinston-Salem.com/Contact.
- And don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook to stay in touch throughout the week.