Top Picks for What to Do in Winston-Salem
Weekend of June 15 – 17, 2012
Top Outdoor Pick:
Historic Bethabara Park
Community Band Night
- Thursday, June 14, 6:00-8:30 pm
- Historic Bethabara Park
- Admission is FREE
- Live community band playing music from all eras, children's games, hay wagon rides, ice cream and Dino's New York hot dogs.
Top Family Pick:
Peppercorn Children's Theatre Presents:
Lost & Found, a Penny Spectacular
- Friday, June 15, 11 am; Saturday, June 16, 11 am & 2 pm; Sunday, June 17, 2 pm
- Krankies Coffee at 211 E. Third St, Winston-Salem
- Tickets: $5
Top Art Pick:
Sawtooth School for Visual Art
Annual Faculty Exhibition
- Friday, June 15, 5-7 pm
- Davis Gallery at Sawtooth School for Visual Art
- 251 N. Spruce St., Winston-Salem, NC
- Opening reception for the Sawtooth School for Visual Art Annual Faculty Exhibition. The exhibit runs through August 10, 2012. Participating faculty artists will show their work in a variety of mediums, including ceramic, fiber, jewelry, metal, sculpture, oil, photography, printmaking and wood.
Top Theatre Pick:
Xanadu: The Musical m
- Friday & Saturday, June 15 & 16, 8 pm, Sunday, June 17, 2 pm
- Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance
- 1047 W. Northwest Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC
- Tickets: $16/$14
- This hilarious '80's musical on wheels (roller-skate wheels) follows the journey of a magical Greek muse who descends to Venice Beach who falls in love with an artist she tries to inspire.
Top Cultural Pick:
Juneteenth Africana Festival
- Saturday, June 16, 11 am-5 pm
- Joel Coliseum Annex – Winston-Salem, NC
- FREE admission & Free parking
- Performances, music, demonstrations, art, literature and ethnic products that reflect African American culture and kids' activities.
Top Music Pick:
Willie Nelson & Big Daddy Love
- Saturday, June 16, 7 pm
- Jomeokee Music Park in Pinnacle, NC
- Big Daddy Love opens for Willie Nelson at Jomeokee Music Park in Pinnacle.
- SHUTTLE: Get a shuttle pass from Foothills Brewing for $40, which includes your ride, a one-hour private reception prior to the show featuring complimentary Foothills Brewing products, snacks and water. Shuttle departs at 5pm.
Top Father's Day Pick:
Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours
Father's Day Tour
- Sunday, June 17 for Father's Day, 12:30-3:30 pm
- Cost: $42.50
- This special Father's Day food tour of Winston-Salem includes tastings at Bib's Downtown, Foothills Brewery, Breakfast Of Course!, Sixth & Vine and Camino Bakery
"Man's Hand Upon the Land"
J. Sinclair Photography Exhibit Reception
- Thursday, June 14, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Hutch & Harris Restaurant
- 424 W. Fourth St., Winston-Salem, NC
- On Facebook.com
- Artist Reception for the fantastic work of local photographer J. Sinclair. The reception will feature a large assortment of new unframed prints for sale and includes light refreshments and cash bar. The exhibit features local city scenes and vineyards, as well as vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Children's Museum of Winston-Salem
Discount Friday Night
- Friday, June 15, 4-8 pm
- Children's Museum of Winston-Salem
- $3 per person.
- Play at the museum and enjoy the Peppercorn Children's Theatre as they present "Lost & Found, a Penny Spectacular" at 6 pm.
Shakespeare's The Tempest HD Screening
- Thursday, June 14, 7 pm
- Hanesbrands Theatre
- North Carolina Shakespeare Festival, co-presents this screening of The Tempest, filmed live in HD and starring Christopher Plummer. When ordering tickets, use code NCSHAKES for a $5 ticket discount.
Beat the Heat Reynolda House
- Sunday, June 17, 2:30 pm
- Reynolda House – Winston-Salem, NC
- Members/students $10, non-members $15
- This is a popular tour of Reynolda House that allows visitors to see areas normally closed to the public. Guests will view the kitchens, laundry and mechanical rooms, the ice-block air conditioning rooms, the squash court and areas below the swimming pool.
Want to be included in our weekly
Weekend Roundup Newsletter?