This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
Top Picks for What to Do in Winston-Salem
Memorial Day Weekend of May 25-27, 2012
Top Festival Pick:
North Carolina Annual Wine Festival
- Saturday, May 26th, 2012, 12 – 6:30 pm
- Tanglewood Park
- Tickets available at www.NCWineFestival.com and Harris Teeter. $20 in advance; $30 day of. Free parking. Kids 12 and under admitted free.
- Over 30 North Carolina wineries and exhibitors represented. Featuring live music by The Band of Oz, Part Time Party Time Band and The Plaids.
Top Outdoor Pick:
Yoga Hike with Sunrise Yoga
- Saturday, May 26th, 2012, 9 am
- Location details given at registration.
- Our yoga hike consists of 60 minutes of gentle hiking with 30 minutes of yoga poses in the great outdoors. All levels of ability welcome. Please register two days before the hike by contacting Christy (336) 813-6394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Theatre Pick: Hatchetman
- Saturday, May 26th, 7:30pm and Sunday, May 27th at 2 pm
- Hanesbrands Theatre (209 N. Spruce St. – Downtown WS)
- Tickets are $10-$37
- This new farce by David Wiltse takes office antics to a new level. A band of misfit office mates work hard to keep their jobs at a golf magazine during a corporate takeover and avoid getting the "ax" from the Hatchetman.
Top Music Pick: Will Marion
(Nashville country music artist)pm
The Vintage: A National Gathering of Vintage BMW's
- Saturday, May 26th, 2012, 10 am – 4 pm
- Old Salem
- Spectators admitted FREE
- Hundreds of vintage BMW's from all over the country on display in the beautiful setting of Old Salem Historic District
"Much Ado About Nothing"
- Saturday & Sunday, May 26 & 27, 12 noon & 4 pm
- Miller Park Amphitheatre
- 400 Leisure Drive (Ardmore)
- This is a FREE outdoor performance of Shakespeare's comedy. (Additional performances June 2-3).
Sunday Arts on Trade
- Sunday, May 27th, 1 – 5 pm
- Trade Street
- Peruse work by local artists and crafters and enjoy beach music to shag to by DJ Ralph Shaw. Kids create their own masterpieces in the Kids Craft Corner for free.
Want to be included in our weekly Weekend Roundup Newsletter?
Send us details on your event at www.MyWinston-Salem.com/Contact.
And don't forget to"Like" us on Facebook to stay in touch throughout the week.
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.