This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
Our bellies are full and the presents have been unwrapped. We’re in that limbo weekend between Christmas and New Years, when many rest up before more fun, so it’s a light weekend roundup this week. Here are some of our favorites. And as always, if you participate in any of these weekend events, or have suggestions for others, please comment below to share the Winston-Salem love.
The latest news from MyWinston-Salem.com: CAMP HANES
Camp Hanes is a 400-acre recreational camp half an hour from Winston-Salem, nestled on the side of beautiful Sauratown Mountain. Kids and adults alike make a lifetime of outdoor memories there. Our readers receive a $50 discount! (read more)
Top active Pick: Public Ice Skating
- Skate times vary, see schedule
- Joel Coliseum Annex
- Admission: $6, Skate rental $3
top outdoor pick: Tanglewood Festival of lights
- Now through the New Year
- Tanglewood Park
- 4061 Clemmons Rd, Clemmons, NC
- Admission: Weekends $15/vehicle; Weekdays $10/vehicle (cash only)
Ride in the comfort of your own vehicle, or join a hay ride or carriage ride to view over a million lights in shapes and scenes of the season. Visit the holiday village and craft store. Note: Wait can be up to 2 hours on weekend evenings so please plan accordingly.
Top Kid Pick: Sciworks Winter day camp
- Friday, December 27
- 400 W. Hanes Mill Rd
- Regsitration: Non-members $45
Do your kids suffer from winter break boredom? Sign them up for Winter SciCamp! This one-day camp features hands-on demonstrations, crafts, time to explore the museum and more.
Top family Music Pick: peter & the wolf
- Friday, December 27
- 11AM & 1PM
- James Gray Auditorium at Old Salem Visitors Center
- 900 Old Salem Rd
- Admission: $5
This annual musical fairy tale is fit for the whole family. The Carolina Chamber Symphony Players woodwind quintet and percussion perform Sergei Prokofiev’s classic, Peter and the Wolf, with special guest narrator, Lesley Hunt.
Top Music Pick: BIG DADDY LOVE
- Saturday, December 28
- Admission: $7 advance; $10 at door
- 170 W. 9th St.
Our favorite local Appalachian Rock band, Big Daddy Love, will be stopping from their busy nationwide tour schedule to play in Winston-Salem! Catch our boys at Ziggy’s and get your banjo fix.
Enter Our Local Holiday Gift Giveaway for a Chance to Win!
- We are giving our fans a chance to win local prizes each week through this Friday from some of our favorite local Winston-Salem businesses. Let’s celebrate the holiday season and remember to support your local retailers, artisans and other businesses around town!
- Enter at www.MyWinston-Salem.com
- This is the final week of our Local Holiday Giveaway and we are going out with a bang – giving away a Revolution Gliding Tour for a party of four! Enter by tomorrow at noon for your chance to win. We are also having a bonus giveaway of a beautiful tin of Dewey’s chocolate enrobed mint chocolate cookies!
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.