How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Resources for the hungry people in our community are never enough but it is good to see so many contributing to feed those who are in need in our community. This is the second post in our Winston-Salem Helping Hand series. We hope it will help you get back on your feet or gain a better idea of the services available in our area. Perhaps, you may even discover a new opportunity to give back to our community via volunteer hours or donations.
Bridging the Gap
Serving the needy of Northwest Forsyth County by providing spiritual, educational, social, material, physical and relational services. Bridging the Gap offers a food pantry, community garden, a backpack food program, construction assistance and a clothes closet.
- Old Town Elementary School – 3930 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem
- Bridging the Gap website
Bridging the Gap Food Pantry
- Shattalon Church of Christ
- 5490 Shattalon Road, Winston-Salem
- 4th Fridays 9:30-11am & 6-7:30pm
Crisis Control Ministry*
- Prescriptions, food pantry, financial assistance. *Must meet eligibility requirements.
- 200 E. 10th Street, Winston-Salem 27101
- (336) 724-7453
Free Community Breakfast daily.
- 8:30-11:30am walk-in
- 1255 N. Trade Street, Winston-Salem 27101
- (336) 722-9597
Samaritan Soup Kitchen
Free lunch daily for everyone
- 1243 Patterson Avenue, Winston-Salem
- Monday-Saturday 11am-1pm; Sunday 12-2pm
Second Harvest Food Bank
- Call for where to get food
- (336) 784-5770
The Shalom Project
- Community Meal Wednesdays from 6pm
No cost for the meal, but for those able to pay, suggested donation of $1 for adults, $0.50 for kids
- Food pantry (& clothes closet) Tuesdays 9-11:30am
- Green Street United Methodist Church
- 639 S. Green Street, Winston-Salem 27101
Whole Man Ministries
A church-based ministry. Services include jail & prison mentoring, a homeless assistance program, an adult continuing education program, a food pantry and clothes closet serving the needy of southeast Winston-Salem.
Whole Man Ministries Food Bank
- 9-10:45am on 2nd and 4th Sundays
- 3916 Old Lexington Road, Winston-Salem 27107
- (336) 785-2080
Winston-Salem Rescue Mission
- 710 N. Trade Street, Winston-Salem 27101
- (336) 723-1848
Food Pantry Hours
- Tuesdays: 9am for the first 10 clients
- Fridays at 1pm for the first 10 clients
- Clients can return after 60 days
Are you involved with any of these food pantries or soup kitchens in Winston-Salem, NC?