This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings.
Camp Hanes, located only 30 minutes from Winston-Salem, has been a destination for making outdoor memories for all ages since it opened in 1927. It is North Carolina’s longest-running recreational camp. We were fortunate to recently tour Camp to learn more about it and have some fun.
Not only does it offer the traditional summer resident camp experience, but is also has day-camp programs, outdoor educational programs, weekend winter camps, and welcomes conferences and group retreat events.
On its 400 acres nestled on the side of Sauratown Mountain, campers can enjoy a wide array of activities. We tried our hand at archery and did our best Katniss impressions. Some of the activities include:
- pool & lake swimming
- water slides
- zip-line & water zip-line
- horseback riding
- alpine tower
- rock climbing wall
- rifle safety
- outdoor educational programs such as a creek study
About Camp Hanes
We heard testimony from parents whose kids were so thrilled with their camp experience they now come every year for two weeks. During our visit, a church youth group was holding a weekend retreat.
The programing is faith-based, designed around the ABC’s of Camp Hanes: Accomplishment, Belonging, and the Character traits of faith, honesty, respect, responsibility and caring using Jesus Christ as a role model.
- PROMO CODE: MyWinston-Salem.com readers can receive $50 off when they mention “SUMMERCAMPBLOG” in the “How Did You Hear About Us” section of the registration form
- Sibling campers will receive a $50 discount.
- Current, active members of the YMCA of North West North Carolina receive a $50 discount.
- Already have a camper, refer a friend and get a $50 discount.
- Host a home show and receive a $250 discount.
For more information visit www.camphanes.org.
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.