To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Summer is here! Let the activities begin! So many exciting things to do outdoors during the day. At night, enjoy one of the many movies being shown around Winston-Salem. Or take a break from the heat one day and visit The Grand Theatre for a Summer Kids Flick. Don’t miss the fun! See our listing below.
- Big Backyard Movie Nights @ Crossnore
- Flashback Fridays @ MUSE
- Grand Theatre Summer Kids Flicks
- Innovation & Cinema: Movie Night at Bailey Park
- Movies at the Park: Harmon Park Kernersville
- Starlight Movie Night: Shallowford Square, Lewisville
- We PLAY Movies in the Park: City of Winston-Salem Recreation & Parks
- Museums are another cool experience for summer fun.
Big Backyard Movie Nights @ Crossnore
Working with a/perture cinema, the kids from Crossnore helped choose the movies for 2023. They are perfect for sitting, watching, and enjoying the evening with friends. The free film begins around 8pm – 8:15pm (dusk). Pre-film fun starts at 6:30pm. Bring your own chair or blanket. Food and drink will be available for purchase from food trucks, or bring your own picnic.
- 1001 Reynolda Road @ The Sports Field or Quad (see listings), Winston-Salem, NC
- June 9th – The Sandlot, 8:15pm start @ the Sports Field
- August 4th – Ratatouille, 8:15pm start @ the Sports Field
- September 22nd – Shrek, 8pm start @ the Sports Field
- October 27th – Casper, 8pm start, @ the Quad
Flashback Fridays @ MUSE
Movies for older children and their families. A fun night watching some free classics presented by a/perture cinema and MUSE. Food and beer will be available for purchase from vendors. Bring your own chairs.
The films start at approximately 8:30pm
- MUSE parking lot
- 226 Liberty Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- June 23 – Jaws (PG)
- August 11 – Dirty Dancing (PG13)
- September 8 – Raiders of the Lost Ark (PG)
Grand Theatre Summer Kids Flicks
Showtimes for these movies are 10am, but it is strongly suggested that you arrive when the box office opens at 9:30am to get your preferred seat, as all tickets are general admission. Tickets are $5 + tax and fees and are on sale now online.
- 5601 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC
- June 13 & 14 – Chicken Run
- June 20 & 21 – Madagascar
- June 27 & 28 – Megamind
- July 4 & 5 – The Boss Baby
- July 11 & 12 – Trolls
- July 18 & 19 – The Bad Guys
- July 25 & 26 – Kung Fu Panda
- August 1 & 2 – Over The Hedge
- August 8 & 9 – Captain Underpants
- August 15 & 16 – Home
Innovation & Cinema: Movie Night at Bailey Park
Innovation Quarter and a/perture cinema join together to bring summer evenings of fun and movies to families at Bailey Park’s lower lawn. Bring your own chairs or blankets. Vendors will be available for purchase of food and beverages from 7pm – 9pm. Movies start at sunset (between 7:30pm – 8:30pm). Times listed below are approximate.
- 445 Patterson Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
- June 16 – The Matrix, 8:30pm start
- August 18 – Mary Poppins, 8:30pm start
- September 15 – Space Jam: A New Legacy, 7:30pm start
- October 20 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, 7:30pm start
Movies at the Park: Harmon Park Kernersville
Free movies at the park begins with pre-movie activities at 6:30pm. Vendors are available for purchase of food or beverages. Bring your own chairs.
Movies begin at approximately 8:30pm (dusk).
- 152 S. Main Street, Kernersville, NC
- June 16 – Super Pets
- July 21 – Moana
- September 15 – The Super Mario Bros.
Starlight Movie Night: Shallowford Square, Lewisville
Enjoy a fun, free, family movie night in Shallowford Square. Bring your own chairs or blankets. Concessions will be available for purchase. Girl Scouts will host bingo on Oct 6th from 5:30pm – 6:30pm.
Movies begin at dark
- 6555 Shallowford Road, Lewisville, NC
- September 15 – Paddington II PG Raindate Sept 22
- October 6 – Ghostbusters: Answer the Call PG13 Raindate Oct 15
We PLAY Movies in the Park: City of Winston-Salem Recreation & Parks
We PLAY Movies at the Park and Movies in the Pool return to parks around Winston-Salem. Free fun for kids and families. Choose a movie and location below, bring your chairs or blankets and relax and enjoy. Pre-movie activities begin at 7 pm.
Movies begin at dusk
- Various Parks in Winston-Salem
- Movies and Locations
- June 17 – Soul – at Jamison Park, 285 Meadowlark Drive, Winston-Salem
- July 15 – Minions: The Rise of Gru – at Old Town Park, 4550 Shattalon Drive, Winston-Salem, NC
- August 9 – Lio and Stich – at Bolton Park Pool, 1590 Bolton Street SW, Winston-Salem, NC
- August 19 – Shrek – at Miller Park, 400 Leisure Lane, Winston-Salem, NC
Museums are another cool experience for summer fun.
While you are waiting for the movie that evening, visit one of the museums here in and around Winston-Salem. There are many that the kids would enjoy as much as the adults.
What is your favorite summer activity with the kids? Let us know in the comments.Tagged With: Kids