To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
The smell of sizzling fajitas, the freshly made chips and salsa, and the frozen margarita sitting in front of you get your mouth watering for those bold and spicy flavors of good Mexican food.
Here we have composed a list of Mexican Restaurants in Winston-Salem for you to look through and consider. Will you choose something with a savory, complex flavor or a lighter, fresh taste? Or maybe something with a little of both.
- Alma Mexicana
- Antojitos Las Delicias
- Arriba Villa Taqueria and Mexican Food
- Don Tequila Mexican Grill
- Don Zapata's Mexican Grill
- El Camino Real Mexican Grill
- El Rancho Taqueria
- El Rey Del Taco Taqueria
- El Torero Mexicano
- El Triunfo – Salvadoran Restaurant
- La Botana Mexican Restaurant
- La Casa Lopez Mexican Grill
- La Perlita Restaurante & Carnaceria
- Los Toritos Mexican Cuisine
- Luna Playa Taqueria
- Mariscos Marlin
- Playa Azul Mexican Restaurant
- Sabor Latin Street Grill – Latin American
- Señor Bravo Mexican Restaurant
- Taco Mama
- Taco Riendo 3
- Taqueria El Paisano
- Taqueria Guadalajara
- Taqueria Los Juanes
- Taqueria Luciana's
- The Porch Kitchen and Cantina
- Tortilleria La Fe
- Tulum Bar & Grill
- Xcaret Mexican Grill and Cantina
- Try Something New
Alma Mexicana is a small, contemporary restaurant located in Winston-Salem’s Innovation Quarter. It has counter service ordering and seating inside and outside. They serve tacos, burritos, quesadillas, bowls, and salads. Weekday lunch service only.
- 492 Patterson Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Fri, 11 am-3 pm
Antojitos Las Delicias
Antojitos Las Delicias serves authentic Mexican food featuring tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas rojas, empanadas, gordidas, sopes, tortas, and more. Closes at 5pm.
- 1521 E. 5th Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sat, 10 am-5 pm; Closed Sunday
Arriba Villa Taqueria and Mexican Food
Arriba Villa strives to provide authentic Mexican cuisine using the freshest ingredients. They feature an extensive menu of lunch specials, Arriba Villa specialties, Mexican specialties, seafood specials, vegetarian dishes, and standard Mexican fare. Desserts, Mexican beer, Margaritas, and mixed drinks are also available.
- 3040 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-9 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am- 10 pm; Closed Sunday
Don Tequila Mexican Grill
Don Tequila proudly presents authentic Mexican food made with the freshest ingredients at affordable prices. The lunch and dinner menus feature all the classics and specials, including steak, chicken, pork, and seafood.
- 564 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-10:30 pm; Sun, 11 am-9 pm
Don Zapata’s Mexican Grill
Don Zapata’s serves delicious food from an extensive menu featuring starters, dips, salads, classics, combos, and chef’s dishes made with chicken, steak, pork, and seafood. They have a children’s menu and desserts too.
- In Summit Station, 137 Jonestown Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-11 pm
El Camino Real Mexican Grill
El Camino Real welcomes everyone! They serve authentic Mexican food made with fresh ingredients. Lunch Specials and Dinner Specials are featured.
- 3800 Reynolda Road, #350, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 11 am-9 pm
El Rancho Taqueria
El Rancho promises real taste from Mexico, fresh and delicious. It has counter service with generous plates of standard Mexican fare. Not just tacos.
- 613 E. Sprague Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun-Thurs, 10 am-9 pm; Fri & Sat, 10 am-10 pm
El Rey Del Taco Taqueria
El Rey Del Taco uses the freshest ingredients to provide the best quality and taste. They offer a wide menu including tacos, tortas, sopes, huraches, gorditas, mariscos, and more.
- 1225 W Clemmonsville Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Tues-Sat, 9 am-9 pm; Sun, 9 am-8 pm; Closed Monday
El Torero Mexicano
El Torero promises the Best Mexican food North of the Border. Authentic cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Lunch and dinner are served. An extensive menu includes carnitas, tortas, burritos, tacos, steak, seafood, chicken, and vegan dishes. Margaritas, drinks, and beer are also served.
- 5900 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Friday, 11 am-11 pm; Saturday, 12 pm-11 pm; Sunday, 11:30 am-9:30 pm
El Triunfo – Salvadoran Restaurant
El Triunfo is a Salvadoran restaurant. It may resemble a Mexican restaurant, but it is different. They feature authentic Salvadoran specialties. While some dishes have the same names as Mexican classics, they are prepared differently and with Salvadoran flavors. They also serve fried tilapia, grilled fish fillets, grilled shrimp, grilled chicken and Carne Asada, and grilled flank steak.
- 7842 North Point Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC
- Tues-Fri, 11:30 am-4 pm; Closed Sat, Sun & Mon
La Botana Mexican Restaurant
La Botana is a family-owned and operated restaurant that prides itself on serving freshly prepared, homemade meals from around Mexico. They serve lunch and dinner and many vegetarian options as well. Delicious Menu, not your standard. Specials are also offered.
- 1547 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-8:30 pm; Fri & Sat, 11:30 am-9 pm; Closed Sunday
La Casa Lopez Mexican Grill
La Casa Lopez offers fine Mexican cuisine with an extended menu featuring pollo asado, carnitas, Pescado, diablo, and Burrito California – a 10-inch flour tortilla topped with cheese dip, stuffed with steak or chicken, rice or beans, and all the toppings.
- 3028 Healy Drive, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 11 am-9 pm
La Perlita Restaurante & Carnaceria
La Perlita is a local favorite after serving the community for over 20 years with its authentic Mexican cuisine and fresh ingredients. They offer the best Mexican food experience featuring tacos, subs, rotisserie chicken, soups and platters of fajitas, mole chicken or pork, beef ribs, grilled steak, seafood, and more.
- 1001 Waughtown Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Fri, 9 am-9 pm; Sat & Sun 8 am-9 pm
Los Toritos Mexican Cuisine
Los Toritos offers delicious, authentic Mexican cuisine in a bright atmosphere, with exceptional service. A special lunch menu, vegetarian menu, and build-your-own combo plate. Fajitas, gorditas, tortas, wraps, pork, beef, chicken, seafood, and even Mexican pizza.
- 420 U Jonestown Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sat, 11 am-10 pm; Sun, 11 am-9 pm
Luna Playa Taqueria
Luna Playa Latin Food Cuisine features the taste of the Southern Pacific coast of Mexico. It brings the flavors of the Costa Chica region made with the freshest ingredients. Specializing in Street Tacos and Mexican Cuisine, Margaritas, and beer. And a Brunch Menu on weekends.
- 2021 Griffith Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri, 11 am- 11 pm; Sat, 8 am-11 pm; Sun, 8 am-10 pm
Mariscos Marlin features delicious, authentic cuisine and a fiesta atmosphere. All reviews suggest the food is some of the best, and the music is loud but fun. The menu features seafood as a specialty, and the decor has an ocean feel. The service is exceptional, and it seems that everyone leaves with a smile.
- 2464 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-9 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-11 pm; Sun, 11 am-10 pm
Playa Azul Mexican Restaurant
Playa Azul is a small family-owned and operated restaurant with authentic Mexican food and exceptional, friendly service. Their menu features seafood, grilled steak dinners, pork, chicken, and classic Mexican fare. They also have a vegetarian menu and lunch menu.
- 2802 Reynolda Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-11 pm
Sabor Latin Street Grill – Latin American
Sabor is a Latin American restaurant featuring authentic street food from El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Mexico, and Colombia. A combination of fresh ingredients, authentic flavors, and bold spices make for distinctly delicious Latin food.
- 57 Miller Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 11 am-9 pm
Señor Bravo Mexican Restaurant
Señor Bravo is located downtown and offers an extensive menu featuring seafood, steak, chicken, chile relleno, fajitas, burritos, tacos, combo dinners, specialties, vegetarian choices, and more.
- 241 Marshall Street SW, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun & Mon, 11 am-9 pm; Tues-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-11 pm
Taco Mama is a taco bar that prides itself on great food, great margaritas, like-minded people, a funky atmosphere, and community support. They feature tacos, burritos, and nachos, an extensive margarita menu, and music to bring enhanced energy and experience to your dining.
- 3489 Burke Mill Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sat, 11 am-9 pm; Sun, 11 am-8 pm
Taco Riendo 3
Taco Riendo 3 is a small, laid-back restaurant that features tacos, gorditas, quesadillas, burritos, and more. 10% discount for Wake Forest Students, show ID.
- 3619 Reynolda Road #100, Winston Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 10 am-8 pm
Taqueria El Paisano
El Paisano offers authentic Mexican cuisine. Freshly made tortillas as you order and meat cooked fresh each day. Tacos are juicy, and servings are plentiful. The space is small, with little seating, but good food.
- 2742 Waughtown Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 10 am-10 pm; Fri, 10 am-12 am; Sat, 9 am-12 am; Sun, 9 am-10 pm
Taqueria Guadalajara offers standard Mexican fare and cocktails but has mixed reviews on taste. The staff all speak Spanish, which sometimes seems to cause communication issues. They offer Breakfast all day.
- 980 Peters Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri & Sat, 11 am-10:45 pm
Taqueria Los Juanes
Los Juanes is a restaurant in a small shopping center connected to a bodega, and it is very popular. The menu is extensive, the food is authentic and fresh, and the service is friendly and fast. The servings are good portions, and the prices are moderate. Don’t let the exterior deter you; it is a market as well.
- 373 Jonestown Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 9 am-9 pm
Taqueria Luciana’s offers a simple menu of standard Mexican fare – tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and tortas with various types of meat cooked differently. It is freshly made and authentic.
- 3230 Reynolda Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sun, 11 am-9 pm
The Porch Kitchen and Cantina
The Porch features Tex-Mex food at its finest, with an excellent selection of dishes to choose from, both for meat eaters and vegetarians, like the Porch Taco Plate or the OG Burrito. They offer some cool Summer Specials and a fantastic Sunday Brunch Menu! Located in the historic West End. Outdoor seating available.
- 840 Mill Works Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sat, 11 am-9 pm; Sunday, 10 am-3 pm
Tortilleria La Fe
Totilleria La Fe has authentic homemade Mexican food in a cafeteria style. You can see the food you would like to order. The reviews for taste and service are very good. Language may be an issue. The restaurant states dine-in, but some reviews said take-out only.
- 3087 Waughtown Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Sun-Thurs, 8:30 am-9 pm; Fri & Sat, 8:30 am-3 am
Tulum Bar & Grill
In a modern downtown setting, Tulum offers authentic Mexican cuisine, bright and fresh with the traditional warm, savory flavors. They feature seafood, beef, chicken, pork, lamb, burritos, tacos, and many other delicious dishes. Great atmosphere and service.
- 411 Cherry Street N, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Sat, 11 am-10 pm; Sunday, 11 am-9 pm
Xcaret Mexican Grill and Cantina
Xcaret serves fresh, authentic Mexican food in an exciting, explosive atmosphere of art and culture. Their menu is almost as delightful and extensive as their decor, featuring salads, molcajete, tacos, burritos, beef, pork, chicken, seafood, and best-known Mexican dishes. They also have a vegetarian menu, lunch specials, and a brunch menu for Saturday and Sunday 10 am-3 pm.
- 202 4th Street Northwest, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mon-Thurs, 11 am-10 pm; Fri, 11 am-11 pm; Sat, 10 am-11 pm; Sun, 10 am-10 pm
Try Something New
I never realized how many seafood dishes or beef and pork plates Mexican restaurants offered until I looked at these menus! I guess I always just went with a burrito or taco and never experimented too much further. Well, I made a list of places I want to try and dishes, too, instead of my standard chicken quesadilla. I hope you did as well! After sampling the Mexican cuisine, change course and try a little Italian. You’ll like it!
What Mexican dish do you think I should try, and from where? Let me know in the comments!Tagged With: