To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Winston-Salem offers a decent selection of Japanese restaurants. From hibachi to sushi and steak houses, there’s something for every discerning Japanese culinary fan.
- 270 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem (Thruway Shopping Ctr)
- Mon (Closed)
- Tue – Sun (11:30am – 2:30pm; 5pm – 10pm)
One of the first, if not the first, sushi restaurants in Winston-Salem. Whether you eat at the sushi bar or a table, you’ll enjoy top-quality sushi, although not the most inventive. Any dish on the teriyaki menu will be reasonably affordable and plentiful.
ISE Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
- 2213 Cloverdale Ave., Winston-Salem (Cloverdale Plaza)
- Mon – Sat (11am – 9pm)
- Sun (Closed)
Arigato Japanese Steak & Seafood House
- 2995 Bethesda Place, Winston-Salem (Stratford area)
- Mon – Thurs (5pm – 9:30pm)
- Fri (5pm – 10pm)
- Sat (3pm – 10pm)
- Sun (3pm – 9pm)
Kanpai Japanese Steak & Seafood House
- 1438 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem (Hanes Mall area)
- Mon – Fri (5pm – 9pm)
- Sat – Sun (4pm – 9pm)
Sakura Japanese & Sushi
- 548 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem (Stratford)
- Mon – Sat (11am – 10pm)
- Sun (12pm – 10pm)
Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
- 1111 Salisbury Ridge Road, Winston-Salem (Silas Creek/Peters Creek)
- Mon – Thurs (5pm – 9pm)
- Fri (5pm – 9:30pm)
- Sat (4pm – 9:30pm)
- Sun (4pm – 9pm)
This Japanese steakhouse gets consistently good reviews for staff, food and sushi.
- 215 W. Fourth St., Winston-Salem (Downtown)
- Mon – Thurs (11am – 9pm)
- Fri – Sat (11am – 10pm)
- Sun (11am – 9pm)
What’s Your Favorite Japanese Restaurant in Winston-Salem?
While these are some of our personal favorites, we’d love to hear what yours is! Let us know in the comments. We’ll be adding to this article shortly and providing a more extensive list of Japanese cuisine available in the region.Tagged With: Japanese Food